Siirry pääsisältöön

Self-study Saturday #1 - HTML

 Today I started studying something amazing.

Udemy’s Full Stack course by Angela Yu, the founder of the London App Brewery. 

It’s a comprehensive course on HTML, CSS and JavaScript. The teacher Angela is so well-spoken, articulate and supportive that learning with her is easy and truly inspiring. I’ve decided to commit every Saturday morning for this course. That is, if I can keep my hands off of it.


Things I learned today:

  • HTML attributes
  • Comments <!- -  - ->
  • <em> is better than <i>, and <strong> is better than <b>
  • Some of the biggest IT gurus have homepages only with HTML (so don’t be too ashamed of your first 90s style site). John Kleinberg is a good example.

Cool websites I discovered today:


With the help of the course I started building my own homepage. That was definitely the coolest thing today. So far the page only has my name and some basic information about me. Next time I will learn to create lists, build my online CV and add a picture.



Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Things I’ve learned in June 🌞

Python (the basics) 🐍 Calculations Types and conversions Conditions Loops (while, for) Googling like there’s no tomorrow More advanced CSS Bootstrap (for CSS) 🥾 Grid (rows, columns) Containers (automatically responsive!) Buttons Font Awesome icons (so easy and cool) Designing wireframes with Figma 🎨 Color theory and font theory     JAMK courses I’ve completed: Web techniques  Python basic course (the exercises, there’s still the exam left) 👏👏👏