Siirry pääsisältöön

Things I’ve learned in June 🌞

  • Python (the basics) 🐍
    • Calculations
    • Types and conversions
    • Conditions
    • Loops (while, for)
    • Googling like there’s no tomorrow

  • More advanced CSS

  • Bootstrap (for CSS) 🥾
    • Grid (rows, columns)
    • Containers (automatically responsive!)
    • Buttons
    • Font Awesome icons (so easy and cool)

  • Designing wireframes with Figma 🎨
  • Color theory and font theory

   

JAMK courses I’ve completed:

  • Web techniques 
  • Python basic course (the exercises, there’s still the exam left)
👏👏👏

Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Self-study Saturday #1 - HTML

 Today I started studying something amazing. Udemy’s Full Stack course by Angela Yu, the founder of the London App Brewery.   It’s a comprehensive course on HTML, CSS and JavaScript. The teacher Angela is so well-spoken, articulate and supportive that learning with her is easy and truly inspiring. I’ve decided to commit every Saturday morning for this course. That is, if I can keep my hands off of it. Things I learned today: HTML attributes Comments <!- -  - -> <em> is better than <i>, and <strong> is better than <b> Some of the biggest IT gurus have homepages only with HTML (so don’t be too ashamed of your first 90s style site). John Kleinberg is a good example. Cool websites I discovered today: Codepen.io (try HTML, CSS and Javascript) W3schools.com (HTML codes) Devdocs.io (HTML codes) Internet Archive Wayback Machine (see how famous websites looked back in the day) Unicode-table.com (emojis for HTML) With the help of the course I started building m